Children and youth musical workshop „Ghana„, in Berlin
- Rehearsals: Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 2 pm in the Upsala
Children and youth musical workshop „Cameroon„, in Potsdam
- Rehearsals: Every third Saturday of the month from 3 pm in the Familienzentrum Bisamkiez
Bisamkiez 26, 14478 Potsdam
Each year, the children, parents and educators from the previous musical workshop choose an African country and, more recently, a Sustainable Development Goal. (SDG)
Then the GNG team looks for cooperation partners, speakers and artists for the chosen country.
The team develops a colouring book with information about the country and a child-friendly roll-up to the chosen SDG.
The group researches together and creates a screenplay:
- Speakers visit them, family members and students become interviewees. The children thus have a natural relationship with oral history as an important source.
- They use modern media and learn to use them as tools, e.g. as a Youtube research for dance steps or a video chat with children living in the chosen country.
- They get to know nearby offers, do research trips to themed festivals, to the library, the museum and much more.
- The group evaluates the collected information and creates the story and the script out of it.
Supported by the artists, the children design the costumes, the music and the choreographies.
During the season, the play is performed at public festivals, in schools and recreational facilities in Berlin and Brandenburg.
The children can now their lyrics and songs very well and visit the recording studio to set the musical as a radio drama.
In crafting and painting offers that spread over the entire project period, the participants create figures and decorations for their animated film.
The workshop will conclude with a big party and the handing over of a coloring book, CD, DVD and other memories.
Each musical can be revived by another group. Screenplay, coloring book, radio play and film can be used on request as working material.